Thursday 12 June 2014

Silver Foxes.


We need to stop buying Women's Magazines that Promote wrinkle Creams, hair dyes, stick thin Models, shoes that make us look as if we are walking on stilts and the Idea that with ageing gracefully one becomes Invisible.
We need to start telling ourselves we are beautiful in our Natural state and that beauty also comes from within.
Those silver hairs (Or White Or grey) you are beginning to see they are amazing. The wrinkles beginning to appear are just a map of your Journey. You are a Goddess in your own right and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. So smile for the Camera and know that your Beauty relies on more than, Botox, dipping your head in the dye bottle or resorting to plastic surgery.
I gave up dyeing my hair aged 59 years, to ill to keep it up I soon had an inch of white at my part, I said to my beloved "How do you feel about having a Silver haired wife?"  He replied "Go for it" My lovely grandson said "Silver Rocks Nanny"
 I went for it. My wonderful hairdresser who had been telling me to embrace my white hair for years added some white streaks to soften the 'tide mark' :)  It took about 18 months to grow out and I kept it shortish until it did, I am now growing it, I am determined not to turn into a Clone of so many Women I see who think Grey hair must be short, No way I am going to flaunt it.
My only regret. I did not embrace my Silver sooner. I have now been white for 7 years and have had more comments on my hair even from strangers than I ever did when it was dyed. The condition of my hair is much better and it is thicker, so many of my friends still dyeing have scant hair, such a shame.
I have freed myself from the tyranny of the dye bottle and feel marvellous.
We also need to Dress 'Out Loud" I don't do Beige, not do I dress ' In clothes suitable" for my age, as i don't really know what that is I'm just a Young girl with wrinkles, so I wear purple, Hot pink, red, Coral, Orange etc... I'm a regular little bird of paradise.
Flaunt your selves my fellow Silver Foxes, we are in our Wisdom years the Young Women today need our brand of courage those of us who are Au Natural, to help them embrace their inner beauty and stop listening to inane advertisements and reading vacuous Women's Magazines, all aimed at filling the coffers of the beauty industry. We need to take a stand and age outrageously.
Go Girls !!!!! My motto... "Never be Invisible"
Namaste Goddesses

Beauty at any Age. My 96 year old Aunty Emily. Always gracious.

Two Silver Foxy Ladies, My Cousin Lorraine and I

My awesome Aunty Nancy she has always had the courage to be Au natural, she makes a statement

My beautiful Mum, Alfreda... Her Highness




Me in my 'In your Face' Leopard print coat.
Purple rocks

My Beloved says he never loses sight of me in crown as white hair glows :)
Bright is good










.





No comments:

Post a Comment